Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ask Kids (askkids.com)


There are indeed many websites geared at children, and one of them is askkids.com. The basic search tabs for this website are school house, movies, games, video and images. Much like the adult ask.com, you type in a topic or question and it directs you to a secondary websites. Ask Kids shows a little cue card with some basic information about the subject, and then gives the list of secondary websites. I did an initial search for a few topics, and all the websites seemed alright for children. Children can interact with the website, and play with the games, as well as explore the other options within the website.

I would recommend an adult sitting with children while they are using this website, just to help the decipher between websites that are useful, and ones that really aren't that great. Also, I realized that using the 'images' tab that usually, they were popular child celebrity images (for example Zac Efron...who I can only refer to has Zefron for some reason). Again, having an adult by the child's side to talk to them about the content of the site. I would recommend a child who is 7-8+, who wants to explore the Internet.

askkids.com

I wasn't a huge fan of this website, it just wasn't that exciting and I didn't like the idea of a child using this alone. I would give it a 2 out of 5.

Genre: Website

No comments:

Post a Comment